(MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH Leopard(maybe yes)).
Connect your Mac to UMTS and GPRS Mobile Networks
- Works with MacOSX and also with MacOS 9,8 and 7
- Use the possibilities of your mobile phone or PCcard
- Robust design and easy to use
- Reasonable prized shareware (try before you buy)
What Is UMTS+GPRS4MacOS?
UMTS and GPRS are the way (in large parts of the world) to connect a laptop, PDA or mobile phone to the Internet or your company IP network through the mobile network in a way similar to DSL lines.
The UMTS+GPRS4MacOS diskimage contains all it needs to complete the UMTS or GPRS dataconnection setup on your Mac.
Typically, you also need a Mac ;-), a UMTS or GPRS enabled mobile phone or PCMCIA card and a connection between the two, typically a cable or bluetooth. Don't forget the servicecontract of your mobile network provider.
- This driver is full of knowledge of the mobile network technology; two-eye in the land of the blind
- Uses the "Telephone number" field to enter the destination (instead of the horrible *99 windoze misery where the destination goes in the deep part of the operating system (and Apple doesn't know either)).
- The pincode-dialogs let you protect your simcard while it remains usefull in a PC-card.
New in Version 0.9
- Quickstart: can connect from the second a pc-card is inserted
- Improved the handling of non-compliant behaviour of OPTION card
New in Version 0.7
- Improved the handling of exceptions
New in Version 0.61
- Improved the manual on installation issues
New in Version 0.6
- Introduced PINcode handling.
- Introduced a proper manual.
- Improved internal robustness.
- Complete Change List